Monday, August 7, 2017

Monster-ous Wishes


Today's one layer card uses the Gerda Steiner progressive Birthday Monster digital stamp. I printed, colored and fussy cut him out. The background is sponged and splattered with Tim Holtz squeezed lemonade Distress ink. The splatter was created by adding distress ink to my craft mat and spritzing with some water. I dipped the toothbrush into it and ran my finger across the bristles over my card front. The light splatter blends in and makes the sentiment pop against the brighter white on the bottom. The Birthday Monster is popped up using an Action Wobble.

Stamps: Gerda Steiner Birthday Monster Progressive Digi, Your Next Stamp Silly Monster sentiment
Supplies: Ranger Sponger and Tim Holtz  Squeezed Lemonade Distress and Memento black ink, My Favorite Things Sun Ray stencils, water, toothbrush for the light splatter, Action Wobble, Misti, Copic Markers: B14, 16, YR04, 07, 09, V04, 06, 09, Y11, 15, R43, 46, YG03, 05, 06, 07, 09E49, 55, 57, 59.
Techniques: Fussy Cutting, Interactive, Stenciling, Splatter

CHALLENGES:
Gerda Steiner Progressive Challenge: I Didn't Eat it (Yet)! Birthday Monster Digital Stamp

Simon Says Wed Challenge Blog:   Splatter it showcasing Ranger Products 


Thanks for stopping by, Irene

3 comments:

  1. Oh how cute, Irene! I like the bright sun rays for your bg, and the color looks great behind the lime green monster! So fun to play with too~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and brilliant card, love the sun rays background.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake monster is pretty dang cute! I love him backed by these bright rays of light!

    ReplyDelete