Tuesday, July 18, 2017

So Excited


 I love the freedom to create that perfect sentiment when making hand made cards. If I don't have the right stamp is it easy enough to create one on the computer and print it onto the card front.  Though most of the time I don't think about it until after my card front is colored.  I do find it easier to pick a sentiment and then find the perfect image.   It is just something I don't seem to practice... lol.   This time though I thought about the sentiment before I stamped my image.

 I stamped my Art Impressions image onto my piece of grid plastic using my Misti.  I created my sentiment in my Printmaster program and printed it out. I placed the grid over it and figure which way I needed to move the two sentiment boxes and reprinted it. It took three tries to line up the sentiment boxes where I wanted them in relationship to the image.

I taped my card front to my copy paper and printed out my sentiment.   Anytime I want to print an image or sentiment onto a sheet of card stock that is smaller than a letter size I will usually try to use this method. It helps to make sure the printing is exactly where I want it and it helps to make sure the paper feeds through the printer with less issues due to the thickness of the card stock.  I usually just use regular tape after removing some of the tackiness so it will be easier to peel off after printing. I find it works most of the time.

 After printing my sentiment I placed my card front into my Misti and stamped my image. I colored her with Copic Markers. I drew in the checkerboard floor, added glossy accents to Lillie's glasses and necklace, and sequins to the card for a little extra bling.

Stamps: Art Impressions Lillie
Supplies: sequins, Glossy Accents, Copic Markers: 100, YR04, 07, 09, 15, R37, RV10, 32, B12, 14, 16, E000, 00, 11, black liner, Neenah white card stock, Gold gel pen,
Memento black ink.
Technique: Checkerboard Floor

CHALLENGE:
Art Impressions:  Challenge 212 Bling, Glitter or Glossy WEEK 2!

Thanks for stopping by, Irene

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laughter in my life today! Love it, Irene! Your flooring is Awesome~

    ReplyDelete