Monday, July 31, 2017

MFT Roar


I love the challenge of combining a sketch and a color challenge since I usually struggle with the restrictions of both.  I stamped, colored and die cut my animals. I made an extra lion head and elephant ear to pop up. The elephant ear is in place of the banner for the sketch.  I watercolored a piece of cardstock but scribbling my colors onto a block, spritzing on some water and placing a weight onto the block. I left the weight onto the block for a couple of minutes to get the desired color. After drying,  I die cut a frame using two of the Wonky Stitched Die-namics.


With the markers I water colored several pieces for the boarder of the sketch and finally decided to use a water colored chevron piece with all four of the MFT colors.   I die cut my letters using the MFT By the Letter Die-namics. I added an extra water colored chevron to the inside.

Stamps: My Favorite Things Wild Things and LLD Jumbo Mod Borders
Supplies: My Favorite Things Wild Things, By the Letters, and Wonky Stitched Oval Stax Die-namics, Neenah white,  watercolor, and PTI Tropical Teal cardstock, Copic Markers: W00, 1, 3, CC00, 0, 1, YR21, 23, 24, 27, E11, 33, 35, 37, 93, 95, Memento Black ink, Stampin Up Going gray, Marvy LePlume II No.3 Blue, No.101 Tropical, and No.15 Olive Green markers, Misti, Hero Arts Water mister, Acrylic block.

CHALLENGES:
My Favorite Things Sketch   MFTWSC343 


My Favorite Things Color #74


Thanks for stopping by, Irene

1 comment:

  1. These have to be the cutest critters ever!! I love your fabulous die cut sentiment, too, Irene!! After seeing your delightful work with those alphabet dies, I always feel the urge to pull mine out and try again!!

    ReplyDelete