Saturday, July 15, 2017

Knit Happens Kitty


I had so much fun masking the ball of yarn.


 I knew I wanted to make a big pile of yarn balls so I stamped a bunch of balls onto some copy paper and cut them out. I started stamping the solid balls  but took off the piece of yarn that extended beyond the ball.  After inking each one, I wiped the extra piece of yarn off the stamp using my damp absorber cloth. I stamped all of the solid balls of yarn and placed a mask over each one. I continued stamping balls of yarn and masking as needed. 


I filled in any open gaps with a Copic Liner and colored the pile of yarn with Copic Markers. I stamped, drew in a little extra detail for the kitty's stripes, and colored my kitty with Copic Markers. I fussy cut both the kitty and the pile of yarn. I cut around the kitty's paws to slide his bottom half behind the pile of yarn. I drew in the wooden floor, masked it off and sponged some Tim Holtz Distress Inks over it. I also scored in the baseboard.  I popped up the kitty and pile of yarn onto my card base.

Stamps:   Neat & Tangled Stamps: Kitty's Favorite Things
Supplies: Foam tape, Copic markers and a liner, Tim Holtz Distress: antique linen, tea dye, walnut stain, Stampin Up chocolate chip, Memento black ink, Neenah white card stock.
Techniques: Masking, Sponging, Wood Floor with my Checkerboard Floor tutorial.






CHALLENGE:

Neat & Tangled:   Little Tangles Challenge #82 - Masking  
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

5 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! Knit happens! Too funny, Irene! Can you blame this kittie for enjoying the tower of yarn balls! So attractive done in many colors~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! King of the yarn hill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! this is adorable, and so clever! Thank you for playing along with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow!! So much masking!! But the card is totally adorable, so sweet!! That kitty must be flipping, having so many balls of yarn to play with!! I just love this card! Thank you so much for playing at the Little Tangles challenge!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this, its CAS design at its finest!! Such a cute, clean card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Little Tangles!!

    ReplyDelete