Saturday, July 15, 2017

Dragon Eight


I absolutely love this little dragon from Sugarpea Designs. I used him for this months' sketch challenge. I masked off his hand to stamp the piece of cake.

I die cut the eight from the colored image and placed two extra white die cut eights under the colored eight for dimension.  He is colored with Copic Markers and is die cut using a stitched circle die and matted with another stitched circle die of blue.  I used my Misti to stamp the sentiment like the sketch. I placed the sentiment stamp onto my Misti in the middle. I masked off the Ready and Blow with tape and inked up the word SET. I stamped it in the middle of the card.  I then masked off the ready and the set, inked in up.... move the card 1/2 inch to the right and stamped the Blow. Lastly I masked the Set, and the blow.... inked up the stamp, moved the card base to the right a 1/2 inch from the starting point or an inch from where it was last and stamped the Ready on the left.  Using the Misti assured the sentiment was straight across.

Stamps:  Sugarpea Designs Blow me Away Stamp Set
Supplies:  Whitelotous and We-buys stitched Circle Dies, My Favorite Things Big Number Die-namics,  Neenah white and Papertrey Ink blueberry sky card stock, Misti, Copic Markers: B21, 23, 24, 26, Y11, 13, 15, 17, YG03, 05, 07, YR04, 07, E47, C0, 1, 3.
Technique: Inlay diecut, Masking, Pointillism

Challenge:
SugarPea Designs Mix it up challenge #33  
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

2 comments:

  1. How Cute, Irene! So clever of you to incorporate the child's age right in the middle of the image (I'd be too fearful of messing things up after working so hard)! Really sweet birthday card for either sex too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet blue dragon! Thanks for the close up of your image, the texture you've created is amazing! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs :)

    ReplyDelete