Saturday, June 10, 2017

Yippee ! Time for Cake


It took me a couple of days to figure out what I wanted to do for the challenge since I have a limited supply of SugarPea Designs stamps.  In the end, I used the sketch and the inspiration for my card.  At first glance the inspiration looked like roses....  But as I looked a little closer, they were actually cupcakes.  I took the whipped cream stamp and the cozy die and made a cupcake. I die cut the cozy from the Coffee to Go Cup die set. I trimmed about a 1/4 inch off the largest side.  I die cut the whipped cream and then stamped it with the Caffeine Addict stamp.  After I colored it, I ended up fussy cutting it anyways.  I colored the cupcake liner (cozy) with stripes and then scored lines through it as well to add texture. I found some design paper I like and matted it with brown card stock.  For the back panel I use a piece of red and ran it through the crimper to match the cupcake liner. I popped up the cupcake and stamped the dp using my Misti.


Stamps: SugarPea Designs Caffeine Addict and Feeling Sentimental (yippee)
Supplies: SugarPea Designs Coffee to Go Cup Dies, Crimper, Foam tape, Neenah white, Papertrey ink Dark Chocolate and Pure Poppy  card stock, Memento Black ink, Copic Markers:R24, 27, 29, E74, 77, 49, Doodlebug Design kraft in color - color designer paper, scoreboard.

CHALLENGES:
Sugarpea Designs Mix it Up challenge # 32  
Simon Says Wed Challenge Blog: Make it Masculine  
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you thought those were roses because I did too, Irene! Your icing looks so delicious! I like the cute cas sketch...and I'm certain you did too~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cupcake, the cake paper is so realistic, fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and fun Irene! I am so happy you are playing with us this month at SugarPea Designs.

    ReplyDelete