Sunday, June 4, 2017

School's Out for Summer


Even though I recently bought my second Neat & Tangled stamp set, I'm still trying to find ideas for the first set I bought. I'm trying to make the most out of a single set.   I took the fish from my first set and put it on a View Master spinner wheel to have the fish jump out of the water in celebration that School is out for the summer. The fish are colored with Copics and they are fussy cut.

 As you spin the wheel the fish go around and into the water.

Photo was taken after I added glue to the top of the small center circle of the view master wheel.
 I die cut a large circle to use as the view master turning wheel. I used a 1/8 hole punch to make my notches around the outside.  I also cut a smaller circle from the center of the large circle. I placed both of them on my card base and glued the smaller circle to the card base. (Do not add glue to the large circle)  I die cut another circle from the front of the card. I die cut one more circle that was smaller than the front circle yet larger than the view master center circle and it was glued to the center circle. (see photo where I had added the glue to the top of the center circle)
 This photo you can see the card front with the top circle glued in the center to make a round path where I added my fish with foam tape.
I die cut my Neat & Tangled Making Waves circle and used just the botton wave. I colored it with Copics and added two layers of foam tape.  I centered the wave over my fish.

Stamps: Neat & Tangled Kitty's Favorite Things, Technique Tuesday Favorite Things Sentiment (Hooray for you), Computer Generated School's Out sentiment
Supplies: Neat & Tangled Making Waves die, My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Stax: Approx circles 3 1/2 inch, 1 3/8 inch, 1 3/4 inch , Lil' Inkers Designs Dual Stitched Circle Dies Approx. 2 1/8 inch circle for card front, Copic Markers: BG11, RV10, 14, 17, Y32, 35, 38, YG21, 23.
Techniques: Interactive, CAS, Fussy Cutting

Neat & Tangled Challenge Blog Little Tangles:  Challenge 81 Color Combo 

Simon Says Wed Challenge Blog: Anything Goes - Technique Tuesday Products 
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

6 comments:

  1. Precious card, Irene!! I love these sweet, colorful fish leaping out of the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so, so so, clever!!! I simply love it! Thanks for playing with LTCh and share this super idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative, Irene! Such a sweet card for the children in your life! How fun too having an interactive card to play with~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Irene! You sure rock my boat with your ingenious and creative thinking! I LOVE this card and so will the recipient! And woohoo for school's being out! What a clever idea, and I love the fish jumping in and out of the water...let the party begin! Love how you've shown all the step-outs for this one! Amazing as always, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! This is a really spectacular interactive card! You are definitely stretching your supplies very well, Irene! Thank you so much for joining the Little Tangles challenge!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is so cool!! Absolutely love this design, its so clever and can imagine anyone wanting to play around with this. Fabulous way to use the challenge colours too. So glad you shared this with us at Little Tangles!!

    ReplyDelete