Thursday, June 8, 2017

Magic Clouds


A couple of weeks ago while walking with my husband we saw a group of gray and white clouds with the sun shining up through the back of the clouds. It was one of the prettiest skies I've seen. I couldn't stop looking at the yellow light peeking from behind all of the grayness. That was my inspiration for my Get Well card today.  I refer to this sketch as the "Skype" sketch.  A few years back I was trying to come up with a layout and up came the Skype banner with the cloud on the bottom and the blue skies on the top.  It works for so many cards.  Once all of the brands came out with their own version of a cloud die, it became easy to do the sketch.  No more drawing and cutting out those clouds. 

I cut two clouds, one from Neenah card stock and the other from copy paper.  I used the copy paper to sponge over the top of the clouds around each bump.  I took words ( yes, I cut sentiments apart) from 3 different stamp sets to make my Get Well sentiment.  I positioned them onto my Misti just where I wanted them and stamped the cloud and the card front. I fussy cut my fairies and popped with up as well as the cloud onto my card front. I added Wink of Stella to the fairy wings and the magic dust.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn: Fairy Friends (fairies, wand, dust, magical) , So Much to Say (sending and wishes), Get Well Soon (get well).
Supplies: Lawn Fawn puffy clouds, foam tape, Wink of Stella, Copic Markers: YR04, 07, 09, 15, 23, Y11, 13, 15, 17, 23, 32, RV04, 06, BG10, 11, 13, C00, 03, R20, E00, 11, 23, 25, Neenah white, Copy paper, Sponge, Stamp up Yo-Yo yellow and Memento black ink.

Technique: fussy cutting, CAS, sponging

CHALLENGE:
Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 6 – Cheerful Get Well   

Thanks for stopping by, Irene

5 comments:

  1. So, so sweet!! I love the clouds with the sun rays escaping above!! This card is a true delight, Irene. And by the way, I am a word cutter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this card is perfectly adorable! I love the pretty inking behind the clouds and the sweet fairy theme! Thank you for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet little fairies, Irene! I like the way your sentiment turned out, but I have Never cut up my images and don't think I ever will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Irene, this is just so sweet, and I love these little fairies! Too bad Lawn Fawn no longer has this die. It's really great! I love your card and know that the recipient will as well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! Well, I did a Google search and found the die on Lawn Fawn. LOL! Their website search is not as good! Glad to see it's still available! :)

    ReplyDelete