Sunday, June 25, 2017

Kismet Fun



Not a card today but a little crafting fun instead. I found out recently my Dad used to like a game called Kismet.   I did find one of the dice in my stash of game goodies but that was it. I decided to create a game from what I had.

I took 5 dice and added Nuvo Crystal Drops to the numbered dots. I added woodland green and the apple green to the 3 and 4, I used autumn red for the numbers 2 and 5. The 1 and 6 were left black. Now I can only hope that the Nuvo doesn't pop out.

I went to Endless Games, the maker of Kismet and downloaded instructions and the score sheets. I opened them with my Abobe PDF reader and printed them out. I resized the score sheets so I could print two on each 8 1/2 x 11 piece of copy paper. I cut the score sheets apart, cut a piece of cereal box for my backing and pressed them together using my Ellison Pad-It-X-Press tool.

I added several layers of the padding compound glue to the top edge and let dry about a half hour between layers. This makes the perfect pad to tear off each sheet as needed.  I've had my Pad-It-X-Press tool for many years and have used it for all kinds of paper pads for card games, scrap pads, and personalized note pads.

Thanks for Stopping by, Irene

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea, Irene, and how thoughtful of you to think of your dad in this way! I was inspired by your Favorite Word Watercolor card for the CC challenge this week~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous that you were able to recreate this treasured game for your dad!! What a wonderful daughter you are, Irene!

    ReplyDelete