Sunday, June 11, 2017

Friendly Turtle Shaker


I made a shaker card today with a sweet turtle from Gerda Steiner.  I printed him out to fit on an A2 card. I colored him with Copic Markers and used a kraft knife to cut around the areas on his shell. I added the acetate to the inside and then small strips of foam tape to separate each section. I wish I had a black roll of foam so you wouldn't be able to see the white edges. I do have black squares of foam but it was much easier to use longer  strips.  I added two colors of beads that I created using clear beads and Copic refills. Then I backed the front with a piece of thin card stock that I scribble with E39.  I glued the shaker to the card base and I was done.

Stamps: Gerda Steiner Designs: Hello Friend Turtle and the sentiment from Pen Pal Bear.
Supplies: Clear Beads, Plastic baggie, Copic Refills, Copic Markers: YR04, 09, 23, YG21, 23, 25, 67, C1, 3, Y13, 15, 17, E29, 33, 35, 37, 39, 49,  Foam tape, Acetate, Kraft knife, Papertrey Ink white and New Leaf card stock.

CHALLENGES:
Gerda Steiner Designs:   Monthly Progressive Challenge   June's Challenge - Hello Friend Turtle

Simon Says Wed Blog Challenge:   Make it Masculine
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Great job on the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Irene, this is such a Sweet card! Shaker cards are so fun to receive & to play with! I like all the different sections having beads; very creative~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to create a shaker card, Irene ! Hats off - fabulous card !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete