Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Camouflage Butterfly


The challenge at Power Poppy is to use a bug, butterfly, etc.   None of my Power Poppy images have a bug or a butterfly. So I hope this works for the challenge. I printed two images, I cut a butterfly from one and  colored them both with Copic Markers. I also used the Pointillism technique on the images.

I glued just the body of the butterfly over the full image.  I added Wink of Stella to the butterfly and the flower centers. I also added a few highlights with a white gel pen.  The top layers are popped up over the base green layers with a piece of fun foam.

Stamps: Power Poppy Countryside Bouquet Digital Stamp Set.
Supplies: My Favorite Things Solid Flutter of Butterflies Die, Wink of Stella, Uniball Signo white gel pen, Fun Foam, Neenah white, Papertrey Ink white and black , and Stampin Up Wild Wasabi green card stock, Copic Markers.


CHALLENGES:
Power Poppy: The June Bug Challenge 

Simon Says Wed Challenge Blog: Anything Goes  
Thanks for stopping by, Irene




9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blooms! Love everything about it! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Irene, I LOVE it! I read the title and started looking! Hehe! And then I scrolled down to see the other photo and found it (a little dense this morning). It's brilliant, and I love your coloring (always do!). Beautifully done, and what a great card for the challenges, especially the Power Poppy one with the bugs! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really hard to see the butterfly, but it certainly is a Gorgeous one, Irene! Beautiful coloring~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cleverness is always a part of your card and your signiture on your work. I just look the way you challenge us, Irene. This is an amazing color and I LOVE your camoflaged butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work on this amazing beauty, Irene!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ab-SOL-ute-LY breathtaking!!!! Irene, you are a true artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is clever... I like how you hid the butterfly, very clever indeed. Beautiful coloring to top it all off. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark June Bug challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous! Love how large and in charge this image is on your card. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is great Irene....the camouflage for that butterfly is so fabulous! Gorgeous colouring overall too. It’s so vibrant and full of life! Your pointillism is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy in our June Bug Challenge!

    ReplyDelete