Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Bolts About You


Color challenges are one of my hardest challenges. I looked through my stamps until I found the robot image that I felt works well for the 4 MFT colors. I stamped and then colored him with Copic Markers.  After coloring him, I used the matching die to cut him out.

 The trick I use to get a better die cut is first die cut a piece of thinner card stock. I place the cut out over my colored image making sure to get an even amount of white space around my image. I place the die back into the negative space. If there is a place to secure the image and die together using some washi tape I will, otherwise I just try to be as careful as possible while running it through my die cutting machine.  I cut a frame using the MFT Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Stax and ran it through a GEARS embossing folder. I also cut a smaller frame to place on the inside for a little added pop of color. I stamped the sentiment using my Misti and placed the robot onto an Action Wobble. The sequins were added for the finishing touch.

Stamps: My Favorite Things Bionic Bots
Supplies: My Favorite Things Bionic Bots Die-namics and Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Stax, Whitelotous stitched rectangle die, Action Wobble, sequins, Misti, Sizzix Tim Holtz Gears embossing folder, Scrap Stamping Up gray, blue, and Neenah white card stock, Copic Markers: B01, 02, 04, 21, 24, 26, R35, 37, C00, 02, 03, 05.

CHALLENGES:
My Favorite Thing Color Challenge #72 


My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #338  MFTWSC338
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

3 comments:

  1. Super cute and fun robot card, Irene! I love the gears ef for your bg; works so well with the image! Thanks for your tips and tricks today, MF~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous embossed gears background for this delightful robot, Irene!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Irene, this is adorable, and I love that you've added this robot on a Wobbler! What a cutie and a super color challenge card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete