Monday, May 22, 2017

The Cat's Meow !


It has taken me a couple of days to find the time, but I've finally finished this card. I cut a window from my card front to resemble the 4 inspiration squares from Lawn Fawnatics challenge #5. I also used a couple of the inspiration squares and the colors for the card. I stamped the tree and cat and colored them with Copic Markers. I die cut the tree and fussy cut the cat. I die cut 8 flowers  and I cut a piece of light pink twine and colored them with the same Copic Markers to match. After coloring the little flowers I used a stylus to push them into a thick mouse pad to give them dimension.  I drew the floor using my checkerboard flooring technique at Splitcoaststampers. I just staggered the horizontal lines to resemble wood floors. I stamped the floor using the Lawn Fawn Woodgrain backdrop stamp. I scored in the baseboard lines then stamped my sentiment using my Misti. The cat is popped up with foam tape  and the card front is popped up over the card base to give dimension to the window and make room for the little flowers. I added Wink of Stella to the flower centers and the cat's nose.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters in the "Burbs and Woodgrain Backdrops
Supplies: Lawn Fawn Ready, Set Snow Dies (little flower), My Favorite Things Window Die, Stylus, Mouse Pad, Scoreboard, Copic Markers: G40, 43, 46, RV21, 23, 25, R00, 85, W00, 1, 3, 5, 7, E29, 35, 37, 39, Stampin up Bashful Blue and Going Gray, Memento black inks, Rosie's Roadshow cloud template, Tim Holtz mini sponger, foam squares, Twine, Wink of Stella

Technique: Fussy cuttimg, window, Wood grain flooring Checkerboard Flooring tutorial at SplitCoastStampers, CAS

CHALLENGES:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 5 – Spring Inspiration Board 
Simon Says Wed Challenge Blog:  A Bit of Sparkle 
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring of your cat, Irene! Lovely flowers on the tree and adorable ball of yarn on the floor...such a cute scene~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this card is way too charming for words! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fabulous details on this delightful scene, Irene!! Absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this amazing card!! Love the floor specially!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete