Saturday, May 13, 2017

Hellebores Frame


This is my second attempt at a frame. The SplitCoastStampers inspiration challenge comes through once again. Thanks to Audrie for always inspiring me.  I chose this flower clipart for my inspiration. I arranged the Power Poppy Hellebores digi in three places using my old Printmaster program. After printing it out I took a rectangle die and penciled in the inner rectangle and then used a kraft knife and scissors to cut the frame and around all of the flowers that were inside the frame. My flowers are colored using Copic Markers. I popped up the frame over my printed Power Poppy sentiment and it was all attached to my card base.

This is my first attempt at a frame for the Power Poppy challenge.   I had attached it to a card but wasn't very happy with it. I removed it from the card so I will just display it in my craft room as is.    I layered the Power Poppy Gerbera Daisies digi to create a background. I die cut several rectangles from the background and popped up two frames.  It was colored with Copic Markers and Wink of Stella was added to the orange daisy.  The sentiment was computer generated.

Stamps: Power Poppy Hellebores Digital and Gladioli Digital (sentiment for first card)
Gerbera Daisies digital Stamps
Supplies, Kraft knife, Stitched Rectangle dies, foam tape, ruler, Wink of Stella, Copic Markers: Hellebores Y11, 13, 15, R11, 12, 14, YG40, 43, 46, BG0000, 10, 11, W00, Colorless Blender Gerbera Daisies: Y11, 13,15, 18, YR12, 04, 07, 09, B02, YR23
CHALLENGES:
Power Poppy:   Frame it Up  


Simon Says Wed Challenge Blog : Going Dotty.     I used a digital image that is shaded with lots of dots. 


Thanks for stopping by, Irene

9 comments:

  1. Irene, this is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love how you've arranged these flowers and have framed this perfect sentiment! What a stunning card!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Hellebores framed card is STUNNING, Irene! Lots of expert cutting; just Gorgeous! For the other card, I like the way you colored one flower different from the rest; it works so well with your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your coloring and how you created the frame. Beautiful! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your card, Irene, so clever to put the main image on a frame with the sentiment dropped inside it! I'll be pinning this idea and hopefully using it one day soon! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACK>... Oh my heart be still..... This Rose frame is AMAZING! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your masterful coloring and cutting of these exquisite roses is breath-taking, Irene! And the gentle sponging surrounding your sentiment is the perfect final touch. I am so glad I found time to make my way over to your blog to see what I have missed this week! I love each and everything you do, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards look amazing - so much work in both for an amazing effect!! I do adore that first one though!1 :) Thanks so much for playing along with Power Poppy this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hellebores framing the sentiment are absolutely stunning! This is truly one of those jaw-dropping cards. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah... just woah!!! Your hellebores card is off the charts amazing! I love the clean and classy effect with all that WHITE! So incredibly beautiful! I love your daisy frame too -- such a vibrant and fun vibe!

    ReplyDelete