Sunday, May 28, 2017

Fur Babies


A little over 20 years ago or so I bought this plaster baby animal statue to paint. I painted it and displayed it here and there over the years. A few years ago I came across the matching rubber stamp and bought it. 
  I finally inked up the stamp and colored it with Copic Markers. I stamped the background using my Misti.  A rectangle die was used to cut my frame from the map, an extra piece of white card stock and the card front. While fussy cutting the animals I left a tab on top of the polar bear's head and sandwiched it between the card front and extra white piece making it more stable.  
FRONT

BACK
 I only have a couple of statues left that I painted so long ago.  I stopped painting ceramics and such when I started card making.

Stamps: All Night Media Wildlife Babies (The Fraser Collection) and Impression Obsession Map Cover a card Stamp
Supplies: Simon Says Stitched Rectangles, Neenah cardstock, Copic Markers: Animals BV000, R00, RV21, G40, 43, BG10, YR00, 20, 21, 31, 15, 24, 23, 02, 04, E04,07, 21, 23, 25, 43, 44, 29, 47, 49, 59, 50, 71, C00, 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8,  Map  BG0000, 10, 11, 13, YG61, 63, E31, 33, 51, Misti

Technique: Fussy cutting, window

CHALLENGES:
Simon Says Wed Challenge Blog: Furry Friends   
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Irene, what a find! You must have been so excited when you came upon the matching stamp! Both statue and card are cute as ever! Who doesn't like a baby, right~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene, this is sooooo cute! How fun to find a matching stamp to something you previously made. Many hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is precious, great interpretation! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasure, Irene. I love the beautiful painting you have done on this sweet statue of tiny critters! The card looks every bit as amazing!! Stunning work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found a matching stamp?! Talk about lucky!! Absolutely wonderful work on both the statue and the card, Irene! Truly talented - a little sad that you've stopped the ceramic painting, but since you are card making, no complaints! :)
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh, that's so cute! Your painting of the statue is pretty amazing, too. I love how you used the map background, seeing as how the critters are from all over the world. Good idea you had for supporting the cut out within the frame. Making a note of that. Looks like you love animals as I do. A woman after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete