Saturday, May 20, 2017

A-Maze-ing You





I only have one Neat & Tangled stamp set at the moment so I will need to put my thinking cap on until I get a few more sets. I've already used this set twice so we shall see what is next..... This card was easier to design in my head than it was to create.



I created a stencil out of thin card stock using the Cheery Lynn background die.



 I trimmed the inside to create the path so I could use as a stencil to sponge just the path.  I taped off the other squares and sponged with TH distress ink.

I traced the path and cut a piece of acetate to cover just the path and not the squares. I die cut another background from Neenah card stock and glued the acetate path to it.  I die cut another background out of a piece of fun foam to use for dimension and was surprised when I went to adhere it to my card stock  that the foam had stretched.....  But I worked with it until I got the squares to line up as close as possible. I stamped, colored my mouse and created a curly little tail and let dry.  When I went back to get him, he was gone..... No where to be found...    So I colored another little mouse with a curly little tail to use. I added Wink of Stella to give me a little sparkle and the tail made from embroidery thread. I combined two different stamps sets to create my sentiment.

Stamps: Neat & Tangled Kitty's Favorite Things (The mouse and You are and in every way sentiments)  and Papertrey Ink The A-maz-ing stamp set (a-maze-ing) sentiment
Supplies: Cheery Lynn Designs Small Window A2 Frame die, fun foam, acetate, Misti, Tim Holtz antique linen distress and memento black inks, Wink of Stella, Neenah white, Georgia Pacific card stock, embroidery thread, Copic Markers: C0, 1, 2, 3, R20, blue painters tape

Techniques: Stenciling, Fussy Cutting,
CHALLENGES:  
Neat & Tangles Little Tangles Challenge Blog   Challenge #80-Stencil  


Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Blog:   A Bit of Sparkle  
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

5 comments:

  1. I instantly smiled when I saw this, it is fantastic ! such a clever design and it works so well !
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your effort paid off because your card looks A-Mazing, Irene! Love the little path your mouse has trod!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Neat@Tangled stamps collection will grow soon;) This card is so clever and ... amazing. Thanks for playing with LTCh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A- MAZing, Irene! You are so clever and creative with your designs. What a uniquely wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and clever card! Love how you've used your stash so innovatively! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles challenge!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete