Saturday, April 29, 2017

Happy Mother's Day 2017


Mother's Day is extra special for us this year. My mom is staying with us for a while. We feel blessed. I wanted to make a special card this year that she could enjoy all year long. The sentiment is small to fit within the center of the doily but big with heart. I originally was going to use half the doily and create a normal easel card but then wanted to have just the jar sitting on the doily, as if on a table. I scored the base of the card and sponged with several brown inks. I added an extra piece of card stock to the bottom to make it more stable after scoring. The doily was stamped with my Misti and adhered down. I took a tissue over the top to remove any stickiness.



The jar was stamped using my Misti as well. I used a Memento marker instead of the ink pad. I added ink to everything except the HELLO. After stamping, I took the Memento marker and filled in the stems.

The Roses were stamped twice and everything was colored with Copic Markers. I fussy cut all images out and popped up the largest rose over the set of three roses for dimension. I scored the base card for the easel and penciled around the jar to trim to size.

Stamps: Stampendous Build a Bouquet and Taylored Expression Many Minis-Holiday (sentiment)
Supplies: Doily, Neenah white and Papertrey Ink kraft card stock, Memento black marker and ink pad, Misti, Copic Markers R20, 22, 24, BG0000, YG61, 63, 67, Scoreboard.

This was made with left over pieces after making my Mother's Day card. I scored the easel a little different. It is scored at 2 1/4 inches and 5 1/2 inches. The doily was cut in half and adhered to a half a circle and popped up with a piece of scored PTI kraft to resemble woodgrain.

CHALLENGES:
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

6 comments:

  1. How thoughtful of you to create a card that your mom can enjoy for many warm months to come, Irene! Beautiful coloring as always~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally LOVE this card, Irene, and I'm so glad to see the details and the side views. Love your creativity and coloring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so awesome, Irene!! Absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a creative and unique card. Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete