Sunday, April 9, 2017

Happy 8th Birthday Notes

I thought the new monthly digi from Gerda Steiner Designs would be cute as a note card set to give as a gift. I printed 8 on one sheet of card stock and colored them with Copic Markers creating a rainbow. Each card base is  2 3/4 x 8 1/2 inches scored and folded in half. Front sentiment was computer generated using my Printmaster program.


I trimmed down dp from a MFT paper pack and adhered to the inside to correspond with each card base. I placed each note insert into the Misti and used a piece of scrap card stock placed at the bottom.  This made it easier to adhered each piece of dp into the same position.

The box was made using a piece of 4 3/8 inch x 11 inch card stock. On the long side it was scored at 1/2, 1 3/8, 5 3/4, 6 1/8 inches and on the short side it was scored at 7/8 and 3 3/4 inches. I removed the two smaller corners and cut where indicated in the photo. I used a corner rounder on the flap/top of the box.

  I stamped the outside of the box with a couple of Simon Says Stamps birthday images and adhered the box together with Tombo Mono glue.
 The front of the box is decorated with a Gerda Steiner Designs Bear Hug digi which was fussy cut and popped up through a die cut circle negative. The Simon Says Stamp Birthday Sentiment was stamped using my Misti.

Stamps:  Gerda Steiner Designs Pen Pal Bear (notes) and Bear Hug  (box front), Simon Says Stamps Birthday Messages (sentiment) and Baby Party Animals stamp set (balloon and gift on the outside of the box).
Supplies: Papertrey ink white,  green parakeet, amethyst allure, lovely lady, bright buttercup. orange zest, and pure poppy card stock, SU pink passion and a misc blue card stock, My favorite Things Graphic Grid (inside note) and Taylored Expressions Rainbow Brights (front circle) paper packs, Lil' Inkers Designs Dual Stitched Circles die, 1/2 inch Crop-a-dile corner chomper, Misti, Scoreboard, PTI green parakeet and Memento black ink, Tombo mono glue, Foam tape,  Copic multi-liner and Markers. Bear E21, 23, 25, 27, 29, C5, 7   Colored Pencils E51, R24, 29, V15,17, YR04, 15, B24, 37, RV17, 19, 52, 55, YG17, 25, Y11, 15.

                                                                      CHALLENGES:
Simon Says Wed Challenge Blog. Happy 8th Birthday 

Gerda Steiner Monthly Progressive Challenge  Pen Pal Bear Digi
Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog: Make a rainbow 

Thanks for stopping by, Irene

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What an absolutely wonderful project! I thought this was so clever and I adore the way you made a set of cards that are all similar, yet still just a little different with the variation in colors. I can't imagine a better gift-- right down to the perfect box they all fit in! If these were given to me, I think I would be forced to display every single one instead of using them, though! :) Really lovely project and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, Irene! What a cute birthday gift! Thanks for the fabulous directions for the card box!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling creation! Thanks for sharing your creative process! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "Happy Birthday" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Irene these are adorable x

    ReplyDelete