Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Time to Celebrate

This card was made for the Reverse Confetti sketch challenge this month.  The celebration banners were designed in my Printmaster program and a box was placed in the front of each one to add a checkmark or an X for the card's occasion.  The banners were die cut along with some skinnier banners for placement.    I lined them up with repositionable tape against a straight piece of scrap card stock and used the skinnier banner in between my banners.  It was easier to die cut the circle (shape of the shaker) from this and it was also used to line the banners up in the correct position on the card base using foam tape to pop them up.  The shaker was made by die cutting a circle for the shaker backing, an  acetate circle, a front circle and a circle of fun foam.  The front piece and foam were also die cut with the Reverse Confetti Cuts Clink wineglass die.  I cut apart the Clink! Clink! stamp and stamped them onto the front circle of the shaker using my Misti.  I stamped several wine glasses from the Clink stamp set and trimmed just the glass stem to use inside the shaker.  I was going to use fun foam for this but in the end I just glued several stems together and placed them inside the shaker to keep the Beads in the glass. After the shaker was adhered altogether, I glued it to the card base.

I thought a photo would help with my explanation so I took some left over pieces to help. These pieces were from my first attempt to make my design work. I usually do a practice run to work out all of the bugs in my design.  

Stamps:  Reverse Confetti Clink Set
Supplies: Clink Confetti Cuts wineglass die, fun foam, seed beads, Ranger alcohol inks (red pepper and poppyfield) Memento black and gray flannel inks, acetate, fun tape, repositionable tape, Papertrey Ink white and kraft, Misti, My Favorite Things stitched circle and Pierced Fishtail Flag stax, Papertrey Ink white and kraft card stock

                                                                    CHALLENGES:
Reverse Confetti Sketch #46  


Thanks for stopping by, Irene


3 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Irene! I love your wine glass shaker!! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, impressive planning and love the result. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, what an AWESOME shaker card! LOVE it.
    Thanks for joining us for the March Reverse Confetti SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete