Friday, March 3, 2017

The Early Bird

I just love this digi from "From the Heart Stamps".   I printed him out on Papertrey ink card stock, colored him with Copic Markers, fussy cut him with scissors and yes, cut off his legs.  I drew the nest and the branch, fussy cut and colored them both with Copics markers as well. For the sketch I used an oval die from Spellbinders, I have the branch sticking out past the oval (flowers) and added enamel dots for the embellishments. I sponged the clouds with a Ranger mini sponge tool and Tim Holtz Distress ink on the inside. The tag was made using a piece of card stock 3 1/2 x 11 inches scored in half and the corners were cut with a kraft knife to form the tag shape..  The tag is adhered together with foam tape to give dimension through the oval window. The sentiment is computer generated.


Stamps:  From the Heart Stamps Birdbrain needs coffee digi
Supplies: Ranger mini sponge tool and tumbled glass Distress ink, My Mind's Eye enamel dots, foam tape, Spellbinders small oval set die, 1/4 hole punch, kraft knife, ribbon, Papertrey ink card stock, Rosie's Roadshow cloud template, Copic Markers: Bird Y02, 06, 08, 18, R81, 83, 85, B16, E23, 25, 27, 29, 49. The beak was done using a yellow and pink copic to make it look an orange color.

                                                                         Challenges:

I {heart} Sketches with a tWist #164  Colors and Sketch
Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Blog   Tag you're it and Ranger Products  

Thanks for stopping by, Irene                      

5 comments:

  1. HOLY COW - you drew the nest and branches?? WOW - Those are so creative and the way you used the sketch this week is just amazing. Thank you so much for your creativity and inspiration. I need to cut the legs off my birdbrains!!! Thanks for joining us at From The Heart Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fab tag and brilliant drawing !! they look fantastic.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this!!!! I love it, Irene!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you added your own hand drawn elements! This is my favorite Birdbrain and you set him up perfectly. Thanks for joining us at From the Heart Stamps sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a double twist - hope to see you again next time! Don’t forget that we have a monthly progressive challenge too!

    ReplyDelete