Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Texas Proud One, Two, and Three


 After checking the Simon Says Wed Blog Challenge I went into a different direction than I originally had planned.  In the end I made three different project/cards.  While looking through supplies I came cross the Sugarpea map when an idea popped into my head.  The state of Texas definitely has a distinctive shape so I went with TEXAS.   The card on the right is the sketch from Sugarpea Designs. The other card and the tag were some left over pieces I thought I needed to use and after cutting several more dies I ended up with three finished projects.  All the states of Texas have three layers. The card on the left uses the negative space of the map. The tag has a full backing die cut and a pieced front with the outline diecut of the map.  I played around with a couple of different Headline font shapes and couldn't decide which to use so I used both. I drew the lines on the the Texas diecut and used the colors of the flag. The star was just added with a white gel pen.   Part of me wants to laminate the tag but I'm not sure if it will adhere evenly.  All sentiments are computer generated.

Supplies: SugarPea Cuts-America the Beautiful and Beautiful Bauble, My Favorite Things First Place Ribbon Award Die-namics, foam tape, Copic liner and markers, B26& R27, Uni-ball white gel pen, Printmaster program.
                                                                         CHALLENGES

Sugarpea Designs   Mix It Up Challenge #29 ~ Fresh Inspiration 


Simon Says Wed Challenge Blog  Use More Than One Die Or Punch  
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

3 comments:

  1. I love them all, but hey I love Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these and Texas! You can take a girl out of Texas,but can't take the Texas out of the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such fun projects! thank you for playing along with us at simon says wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete