Wednesday, March 15, 2017

My Favorite Butterflies

My card today was made using the My Favorite Things Lace Flutter of Butterfly Dies. I die cut three of the butterflies from my card front, removed the insides of the butterflies and then taped the butterflies back into the card front. I cut several pieces of copy paper about an 1/8 inch thick, I used Zig two way glue and adhered the copy paper over the cut lines.  I also added thin strips of foam tape over these area when popping the card front onto the card base. The card base was created by sponging on Distress Inks. I created masks for the butterflies using the MFT Solid Flutter Butterfly dies before watering down two of my colors and flicking dots of color with a paint brush onto my card front. I stamped the Sentiment using my Misti. The butterfly bodies were die cut out of black card stock and adhered in place.

Stamps: Stampin Up: Flight of the Butterfly sentiment
Supplies: foam tape, My Favorite Things Solid and Lace Flutter of the Butterfly Dies, Misti, Black and Neenah white card stock, Tim Holtz: picked raspberry, shaded lilac, mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch Distress Inks, Ranger mini spongers, and a paper piercer.

                                                                      CHALLENGES
My Favorite Things: Color Challenge 65  



Thanks for stopping by, Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment