Saturday, March 11, 2017

Daisy Retreat

Thanks for a unique inspiration site today Audrie.  I chose this envelope.  I love having a flower image that looks good in any color...  I also love having a digi to make the flower any size that I want or need.  The first thing I did was bring my Gerbera Daisies Digi into my photo program to create a png file so I could layer different sizes of the daisies to create a solid background.  This I learned of course while watching a youtube video about my photo program. I removed the stems and took off the white area surrounding my daisies. I brought them into my Printmaster program and layered the different sizes until it covered the area I needed.  I printed it out, color it with Copic Markers (using the colors of my inspiration) and cut it at an angle to resemble the angle of the envelope. I stamped my sentiment with my Misti.  I matted the flower piece with SU cardstock and popped up onto my card base.

Stamps: Power Poppy Gerbera Daisies Digital Stamp Set and Avery Elle Oh Happy Day sentiment.
Supplies: Foam tape, Papertrey Ink white and Stampin Up Taken with Teal card stock, Memento black ink, Misti, Copic Markers Y11, 13, 15, 18, YR02, 04, 07, 09, 21, 23, YG03, R30, 32, 35, BG11, 13, 45, 49.

                                                                     CHALLENGES:
Splitcoaststampers Inspiration challenge:    IC588
Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Blog:  For a Special Lady/Girl
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Irene, this is beautiful. Love the layout and all those gorgeously colored flowers. I saw where you won the February challenge in February. Way to go!!! I was hoping you would since you helped me figure out how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene, this is gorgeous, and I love the array of stunningly colored gerbera daisies! And what a great layout with the mat. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the design and your colouring, beautifully done! Cheers, Dotty

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, oops had caps on. But it is absolutely beautiful and love how you used the digi, its stunning. fab colours too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the striking colors! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “For a Special Lady/Girl”” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the look of these layered flowers...such a pretty card mf
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete