Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Wild Thing Valentine

Can this Gerda Steiner Bear be any CUTER... I think NOT !!   I printed the Valentine's Bear out three times on PTI card stock.  It was also printed a fourth time on my card base.  I colored the bear using Copic markers and used the Pointillism technique for extra detail.  The bear was fussy cut and I used the paper tole method to add layers. An Action Wobble was also added for movement.  I die cut a rectangle to use as a stencil and I also diecut a MFT Polka Dot Cover-up Die-namics to use over the negative of the rectangle. It was centered over my card base where I needed it and the hearts were stamped inside of the cut circles. I originally was going to just use the polka dots as a stencil but thought the hearts were more appropriate since it is Valentine's Day.  :)    I cut apart a misc Wild Thing sentiment and used part of it on the front. The pieces were lined up again using my Misti and re-stamped for my inside sentiment.

Stamps: Gerda Steiner Designs Valentine's Bear Digi, My Favorite Things Love's the Ticket Set (heart), and a Misc sentiment stamp (brand unknown)
Supplies: My Favorite Things Polka Dot Cover-up Die-namics,  Whitelotous Stitched Rectangle Die, Misti, Tim Holtz spun sugar, festive berries, and picked raspberry, and Memento black inks, Copic Markers: Bear E23, 25, 27 and Heart R81, 83, 85, Action Wobble, Glue Dots, Papertrey Ink white cardstock.

                                                                 Challenges:
Gerda Steiner Designs share your design Challenge
My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge # 319 MFTWSC319
Simon Says Stamps Wed Challenge Blog    CUTE
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card - very cute
    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable with his tiny heart background and popped up Valentine!! Delightful work, Irene!

    ReplyDelete