Sunday, February 5, 2017

How do I love thee? Shaker Flip Card


I wanted to try a flip type card and thought it would work great for the sketch at Reverse Confetti.  I wanted a vertical A2 so I cut my card base (Neenah #110 ) at 5 1/2 x 6 1/4. I knew my first score would be at 2 1/8 because that is half of the 4 1/4 inch side.  I added 1 inch for my flip fold and doubled those dimensions.   So 2 1/8 inch + 1 inch =   3 1/8 inches  then take the 3 1/8 inch x 2 = 6 1/4 inch for the width of your card base.   
I scored the top and bottom of the 6 1/4 inch side at 2 1/8 and 3 1/8 inch . I only scored in about 1/2 inch or so at the top and the bottom of the base card. I decided on which size heart would work to overlap both score lines. I placed the heart on the 2 1/8 score line area where I wanted it, finished scoring the top and bottom of the 2 1/8 line again until I reached the heart die then lined up the middle of the heart die on those scored lines and taped it down with removal tape. I just didn't want my score lines to be inside the cut heart. If you wanted to keep the card simple, you could easily stamp on the heart of the card base.

Cut the heart on the left side of the 2 1/8 scored line and on the right of the 3 1/8 scored line. Making sure not to cut through the 1 inch area in the middle. After die cutting the heart I finished the scored lines and extended them to the cut lines.  The front and inside of the card were stamped with the little number circles from the Count your Rainbows set. Two more hearts were die cut out of #80 Neenah and were added to the front and back of the heart. The front sentiment is computer generated and the inside sentiment is from the Count your Rainbows set and stamped with my Misti. My shaker pocket was created by die cutting the heart from a sheet protector and fused with the We R Memory Keepers fuse tool.  The tiny hearts were punched using a Fiskars heart punch and added inside the heart and then the heart was fused close.  A heart was cut from red PTI card stock and a smaller heart was cut from the center to make a frame to adhere over the shaker pocket.

Stamps: Reverse Confetti Count your Rainbows
Supplies, Memento black and Tim Holtz Distress (worn lipstick, festive berries, picked raspberry, barn door, spun sugar) inks, Copics, Scoreboard, We R Memory Keepers fuse tool, sheet protector, heart punch, stitched heart dies, SU pinks, Papertrey Ink red, Neenah #110 and #80 card stock.
Sentiment is a Quote by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.





Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Blog: The Color of Love
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

3 comments:

  1. hello! this is adorable, luv the fun fold and design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome card! Love the flips + folds!
    Thanks for joining us for the February SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEk! Such a clever shaker! I love the hearts inside!~

    ReplyDelete