Saturday, February 25, 2017

Happy 60th Birthday


I will soon need a birthday card for my DH.  While doing the inspiration challenge at Splitcoaststampers  I came across this card.  I knew I wanted the 60 to stick up so I chose to do an easel card.  The base card is 3 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored on the 8 1/2 inch side at 4 1/4 and 2 1/8 inches. I had some extra pieces of a laminated pouch and cut it done to 2 inch x 3/8 inch to use for my number to stick up. The plastic was sandwiched between the dp and another die cut number in white for a backing.   I covered the front of the easel with another white panel cut to size at 3 1/2 x 2 1 /8.  This hides the plastic.   While stamping the Simon Says Stamp birthday sentiment the second time in my Misti the white panel  moved which caused an offset effect.  I like how it turned out and left it as is.  A happy mistake.  The Years Young sentiment is computer generated.

Stamps: Simon Says Stamp (It's No Secret) stamp set and Taylored Expressions (Party Grumplings) set.
Supplies: scoreboard, foam tape, My Favorite Things Big Numbers Dies, Papertrey Ink New Leaf and white card stock, Doodlebug Designs hip hip hooray dp, Copic Markers YG23, R20, B32, YR4 18, E21, 23, 25, 27, 29, Laminated  plastic.



                                                                       Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Blog    Anything Goes


Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge    IC586


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Irene, this really made me smile, the image is adorable and I am sure your DH will love it 😍❤ I need to get me that Party Grumplings set, haha

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete