Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Ham It Up Award

Isn't this pig from "From the Hearts Stamps" adorable?   This digi set called Hogs & Kisses Pigwit comes with two pig images and one is holding up a candy kiss.   I still had some Valentine candy kisses leftover and thought I could use the real chocolate kiss in my card design.  I used the pig without the kiss for my card.  To use the real chocolate kiss I had to make a shelf.   I measured a rectangle 1 inch wide and 1 1/4 inch high onto my card front. It is scored at the bottom and cut on the sides and the top. The top is also scored 1 /4 from the edge so when it is slipped into the slot that is cut on the back of the card it can be glued down if necessary. To make the slit in the back I closed the card with the shelf folded inward and drew a soft pencil line at the shelf fold and then used a kraft knife to cut the slit.



I resized the pig to fill the card front. I had planned on trimming the left side of him but in the end I just couldn't cut off his ear.   He is colored with Copic markers and embossed from the front and from the back using a stylus to give added texture. He is fussy cut and black marker was added to the edges.   The bow tie was paper pieced using designer paper. (Print the image onto copy paper, cut a piece of designer paper to cover the part you want to paper piece and tape it over the printed area making sure the tape is at the top of the area.) The sentiment is computer generated.

Stamps: From the Heart Stamps Hogs & Kisses Pigwit digi
Supplies, Copic Markers Pig: E00, 11, 13, 93, 95. Hooves: E11, 13, 15. Kraft knife, Scoreboard, Foam tape, Papertrey ink white card stock and Doodlebug Design inc 6x6 dot-grid-daisy-stripe rainbow petite prints designer paper pad.

Challenge:  Stamp of the Month Challenge at From the Heart Stamps

4 comments:

  1. Super, super cute and great idea and very creative to add a real "kiss" in your Project.

    Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a masterpiece of design, Irene!! This is a delight!! You are off the chart creative!! Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the Stamp of the Month at From The Heart Stamps! Hope to see you again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *claps!* Brilliant idea to use a real candy kiss, a truly superb card! :)
    Thank you for joining in with our SOTM challenge at FTHS.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete