Saturday, February 11, 2017

Birthday Cake Layers


 This is the second card I started this morning, I was struggling on the first one then decided to go with a combo of two of the inspirations I found.  I love a rainbow of colors and I also love white space.  This is a combo of both. The Splitcoaststampers inspiration challenge always brings great inspiration. (Thanks Audrie)   Today was no exception. Today Judy chose spearmintlove.com.   My first inspiration was the rainbow letters on these onesies.   I also like this layered birthday cake and was planning on using one of my MFT birthday cake die sets.   When the first card wasn't working, I decided to just cut rainbow colored letters and make a layered cake.  I used a piece of Elizabeth Craft Designs transfer tape over my quilters ruler and lined up my cake layers and laid the letters backwards on the tape. I added glue to the little letters and then flipped it over and lined up the bottom of the transfer tape over my card base and pressed the transfer tape onto the front of the card.  I carefully pulled off the transfer tape trying very hard to keep the letters in place.  It didn't turn out as well as I hoped, the quickie glue just wasn't strong enough.  Some held just enough to keep my lines.  In the end I lined the ruler back up and re-glued every letter into place. Next time I might try adding double stick adhesive to my cardstock before die cutting my letters. Then only remove the backing from the bottom layer, line it up, adhere, and then remove the backing from the other letters and adhere everything down. The candle was die cut using a little candle die from the My Favorite Things Bring on the cake Die-namics. Now, I will work on the first card and see if I can make it work.

Supplies: MFT Bring on the Cake Die-namics, ECD transfer tape, Die-Versions A Little Lime Alphabet die, SU lattice ef, Bazzill Basic cardstock, Provo Craft crafters card stock Block II.

Challenges:  Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Blog     CUTE
Thanks for stopping by, Irene

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous CAS card - love how you laid the letters out.
    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete