Saturday, January 28, 2017

Unforgettably Amazing Love

The IC582 challenge at SplitCoast is to be inspired by one of Smilynstef's  favorite t-shirt companies from Chicago Illinois called THREADLESS. Stephanie stated that Threadless helps art unknowns become art totally-knowns by printing original art-work on t-shirts and other products. I chose the Love Saves t-shirt as my inspiration.  It was designed by LunchBoxBrains.   (Every time I clicked on the shirt I would lose the photo so it is the one with the Letters of LOVE on the front.)   With being "original" in mind I wanted to create an original sentiment for my card.  So at 4:30 am this morning I played around with some word play sentiments and in the end decided on this one.  The watercolor background was created by the smooshing technique and Tim Holtz distress ink.   I inked up my kraft mat, spritzed with water and smooshed the watercolor paper into it.  I did this several times to get the effect I desired. I created my sentiment in my Printmaster program and printed it out on copy paper. I moved the sentiment down far enough so I could add the watercolor paper over it but still have the printer grab the copy paper. This helps the thicker cardstock or watercolor paper run though my printer easier. I taped the top of the watercolored background over the area of the copy paper where I wanted my printing. I wish now I would have made the sentiment a little larger. But once it was printed it was to late.   I cut out the LOVE with my heart and letter dies and added two other layers underneath for dimension.

Supplies: Lawn Fawn heart die, CC Designs bubble alphabet dies, Sequins, fun foam, Neenah cardstock  and watercolor paper, Tim Holtz distress ink, water
Sentiment was computer generated

Challenges
Splitcoaststampers IC582
Simon Says Stamp Wed Blog Challenge   anything goes 

Thanks for stopping by, Irene

2 comments:

  1. Love the inspiration, love the card!! Why can't my watercolor backgrounds look like this? Your card is awesome, Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background it makes a brilliant card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete