Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Bummer Dude

I made this card for my husband. His team didn't make it to the playoffs again this year.   Can you figure out his team?   He is a die hard Bills fan and he will stick with them through good times and bad.  My inspiration was like an ostrich sticking his head into the sand.  I've made lots of wood floors but tried something new this time.  I used a thin tip marker to add color into the scored lines of my wood floor to show more depth and shadows. I love how it turned out.  I added an action wobble to my bummer guy for a little extra humor. I used only part of the sentiment that comes in the Art Impressions Bummer set.

Stamps:  Art Impressions Bummer set, SU wood grain wheel
Paper: Neenah white and Papertrey Ink black cardstock
Ink: SU chocolate chip, Tim Holtz distress ink, antique linen, tea dye, vintage photo, Memento Black and Copics.
Supplies: MFT stitched rectangle frames die, action wobble, foam tape, Misti
Techniques: fussy cutting, wood floor, scoring, Free hand: I drew in the bottom of the letters on the guy's shirt of my husband's team.

Challenge:  Art Impressions- I tried a new technique for my wood floors

WEEK 2: Challenge 199: Card Resolutions 

 Thanks for stopping by, Irene

2 comments:

  1. Great card for your husband, Irene! My husband's favorite team was the Cowboys who have gone through a long string of losing seasons, but never lost his support. He really enjoyed their winning streak this year.

    Your wood planks are awesome and I love that fabulous stitched frame! But the star of this sensational card is that die-hard fan in his Bills t-shirt! I'd love to give his toe a tap and watch him wiggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVERYTHING about this card is so fabulous, Irene. Your planks, your bobble man, the ideas - everything. Love it!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete